Tuesday, April 24, 2012

News: Part 3 in the Blood and Ice Cream trilogy may really exist someday.

No longer than a week ago I was riding my bike home from having watched "Hot Fuzz" with some buddies and I was thinking to myself how there probably wouldn't be a conclusion to the so-called "Blood and Ice Cream Trilogy."  It has been quite some time since "Hot Fuzz" came out, and everyone involved has gone on in different directions to do other things of varying quality; from Edgar Wright's turn directing "Scott Pilgram" towards the positive end to most movies Simon Pegg has been in at the other end (here's looking at you "Run Fatboy Run").  This lead me to doubt that we would ever find out what film would feature Simon Pegg eating mint flavored (or flavoured, in this case) Cornetto's brand ice cream.

Well, I guess my doubts were at least partially unfounded.  Simon Pegg has posted a picture of the cover page of a script written by he and Wright titled "The World's End."  So, yeah.  I guess we have that to look forward to.  I'm pretty excited.  You should also be.

If you don't trust me, feel free to read about it at slashfilm here.

And as a reminder, if you haven't already seen "Attack the Block," I encourage you to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment