Monday, March 19, 2012

News: TMNT next on the list of things to be ruined, and I guess "Cabin in the Woods" is something

Here's a two parter.  Neither are really news I guess, but both are worth knowing about.

First off, I guess Michael Bay is directing a gritty reboot of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise.  Because that's what we all would like to see.  Deciding that the teenage aspect muddles the concept, Bay has instead opted to make them aliens.  My treatment of this story would be unnecessary next to the AV clubs, so I encourage you to read that here.

News number two, "Cabin in the Woods."  This year will be thickening Joss Whedon's wallet even more, because on top of the 220 million dollar "Avenger's" film which will feature CG renditions of famous actors, the long-time-coming "Cabin in the Woods" has a trailer, and will come out, or something.  There is a lot of secrecy surrounding the script that was co-penned by Mr. Whedon, and nobody really knows what's going on.  I like Joss Whedon a lot, so it's something I'll keep an eye on, but the trailer doesn't look interesting to me at this point.  Not that a thriller/horror/whatever film about teens going to a mysterious isolated place doesn't show promise, but it really doesn't.  We'll see.  Keep your eyes to the skies on that one I suppose.
Trailer here.  They also talk about it with a few words and the like.

Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment